Gayatri mantra is one of the most sacred chants to be found in Hindu lore, where an entire philosophy of Indian culture is compressed into these few syllables. Gayatri is the considered as supreme source with infinite divine forces. One of them is ‘Chandra Gayatri’. Chandra (moon) has a strong relation in Indian Scripture. The aim of this perspective is to understand the importance of Chandra Gayatri Mantra in Vedic texts for reaching mental peace and stability.
2. Brahmavarchas (Editor). Gayatri Ki Asankhya Shaktiya in Gayatri Sadhana Kee Vaigyanik Prishthabhoomi, Pandit Shriam Sharma Acharya Vangmay 14. Second Edition, Akhand Jyoti Sansthan Publication, Mathura, 1998, Page 1.1
3. Pandya P. Discourse on Meditation on Moon (Chandrama ka Dhyan) at Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya 2004. Available from: Youtube Channel-'Shantikunjvideo' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umAfVbaGWhw
4. Brahmavarchas (Editor). "Udved Shanti ke Liye" in Yagya Ka Gyan-Vigyan (Hindi)", Pandit Shriram Sharma Acharya Samagra Vangamaya - Volume 25. Second Edition. Akhand Jyoti Sansthan, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh, India. 1988, Page 3.33
5. Shrimad Bhagwat Gita, Gita Press Gorakhpur. 2018.
6. Raison CL, Klein HM, Steckler M. The moon and madness reconsidered. J Affect Disord. 1999 Apr;53(1):99-106. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0327(99)00016-6
7. Biermann T, Estel D, Sperling W, Bleich S, Kornhuber J, Reulbach U. Influence of lunar phases on suicide: the end of a myth? A population-based study. Chronobiol Int. 2005;22(6):1137-43. https://doi.org/10.1080/07420520500398114
8. Zimecki M. The lunar cycle: effects on human and animal behavior and physiology. PostepyHig Med Doswiadczalnej Online. 2006;60:1-7
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Copyright (c) 2020 Neeti Tandon